Evansville Community School District
Evansville Community School District is a district of 1,839 students in grades kindergarten through 12. The district includes four school buildings. Small class sizes, a focus on the child as an individual, and the district’s comprehensive approach to academics, fine arts, physical fitness, and technology integration are key to its quality learning environment.
Following the construction of Evansville Community School District’s high school in 2002, CEC partnered with the district to complete fire alarm testing and inspection work, as well as to consolidate several legacy access control systems a few years later. In November 2014, the Evansville, WI, community passed a referendum that included funding for school security upgrades. The district planned to add secured entrances with video intercom systems, as well as video surveillance technology and additional exterior keyless doors.
After reaching out to CEC, Evansville Community School District invested in new access control, keyless access control hardware and software, and video surveillance. As a result, Evansville Community School District now has:
- Building access for staff and community members using exclusively keyless technology, which minimizes the hassle of re-keying buildings and dealing with lost keys.
- An access control solution that provides a simple user interface with easy-to-use features for greater convenience and security.
- Seamless communication and reliable security for school entrances through the use of IP intercoms.
- Experienced, specialized inspectors with NICET certification who can manage the district’s fire alarm testing and inspections to ensure compliance and point out potential fire alarm or sprinkler issues.
- An integrated IP-based video surveillance system that ties into an existing voice and data network infrastructure.
We’ve worked with CEC for more than a decade with great results. Most recently, they helped design and integrate security systems that allow us to use exclusively keyless access with an easy-to-use interface for greater convenience and security.